Week 12 - Information Overload

Sunday, June 22, 2008

This week is rather tiring for me. One of the major portion I've been working on is getting the information for every section of the E-brochures and the Flash pages organized accordingly. I must say, it is really tiring. Since I don't have any soft copy of the information as they're all paper based or just a rough sketch of what the client expect me to put in there, I have a hard time, typing out and also transfering some of the paper-based information to the screen.

It may seems like the easiest job in the universe "typing and editting" but the truth is, it isn't that simple after all when you need to edit and type out so many information for different sections at a time. No wonder there are people who specialized just doing typing and editing documents. I mean it's like doing endless mini essays. There are points where my eyes were just sore and everything seems to be black and white for that split seconds. Thanked God, I am still progressing.

Unlike the times where I am working on my interface design and action script coding part where I actually get to see the end-result, typing out the information is just really concentration consuming and boring, not to forget very time consuming. However, when I organize it into my electronic brochures and flash pages, I am able to feel somewhat a sense of achievement. That's what keep me motivated throughout the entire FYP development. Nothing comes easy in life. Take a peep at some of the completed pages for the e-brochures. There are many of them in my flash application, but anyway..

Well, my progress this week is that I managed to edit most of my videos, put in the contents to my flash pages, debugging action scripts errors for some part of my project, as well as complete several e-brochures. A pretty progressive week I guess. It's just a week before alpha test, I hope I'll be done with at least 70-80% by then. There are still some feature that I havent't start working on at all, but at least I am progressing, so to me and everyone else, goodluck.

0 comments: