Week Thirteen - Computer Crash Experience..

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Week thirteen is insane. I mean computer crash just when you needed it most? Doing your work and just when you are extremely busy debugging never ending errors. Oh God, I sound dramatic don't I? But this isn't a joke at all. My laptop is "terribly sick" this week. It crashes just when I was doing my work. Seriously frustrating..Well, I guess I am at fault too since I have been forcing it to work endlessly and haven't been taking good care of it. Considering the fact that I have been working with a lot of high definition graphics stuff and all, it contribute to the damage in my computer. I should be upgrading my RAM one of these days.

I was sad for the fact that I lost some of the really important stuff in there. It was infected by some virus that actually messed up your files location in your entire system and also corrupted your files. As a result, I have to reformat all my entire hard disk including my back up partition. This also means that I have lost everything in my laptop. Everything! I tried going for data recovery before reformating it as well, but there's no way they can save the data because they were all corrupted. It took me a few days to get over the incidents and start rushing on my project again. Well, guys, I guess everyone is well aware that you should back up your work, the truth is unexpected things happen at times. Anyway, I manage to get it fixed and replace some component from my laptop. Costly I must say, but the good news is my laptop is back to healthy again.

Well, I am entirely aware that alpha test is this Thursday! Thanked God that I started working on it progressively. And I am truly thankful that most of my FYP files are stored in different back-up storage, or else, I can't imagine the stress that I'll be going through. Although I do face some headache re-creating some lost files.

This week I managed to complete all my videos editting and embed it to my application. I have also been editting sounds, cutting and combining the different part of the sound clips to go along with my videos. It was challenging. Apart from that I am also working progressively on my different e-brochures. I've been debugging some really complicated scripts that I encounter too. Well, basically it is a busy and progressive week. That's all for now. Good luck for alpha test on Thursday everyone!

0 comments: