Week Fourteen - Alpha Test

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Finally the alpha testing for the final year project is done. Despite the fact that my computer crashed just before the alpha test, I am glad that my presentation went on fine. The feedback and comments were very positive and that reassured me that I am in the right track. Although the alpha test is done, there are still uncompleted portion of my project that I need to work on.

Basically, I manage to present most of my main features and the components of my projects even though I did not really go through all the features one by one. It is due to the presentation time slots allocated. However, I am sure that everyone has a very clear picture of what exactly I am developing. One of the main components that involves a lot of scripting and errors debugging is the electronic flippable brochures. It is really hard to incorporate so many additional features for my e-brochures. I have used XML to make it dynamic. Here's one of the sample.

I also managed to debug some errors before the presentation. Loading several dynamic XML e-brochures from one flash application used to be a challenge. It seems that the first e-brochure that you select will display even when you clicked on other e-brochures after you close your first selection. However, I manged to get the code that help me solve this problem entirely. Loading different dynamic e-brochures from the same application is finally possible.

I have also started on my "shopping page" section with the interactive location maps. There are several more e-brochures to complete besides the interactive map for the shopping page. I'll see what else I can do to enhance my project if by any chance I manage to get all these done before submission. I'm sure by now, everyone has got even more ideas on what to include to make their project more attractive. Good luck to all then.

0 comments: