Week 15 - Getting Closer to the Finishing Line

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Well, after showcasing my project during alpha test, my progress this week is basically getting all the unfinished part completed. I manage to complete all my "shopping" section with fully functioning "illustrated-interactive location map" as well as the brief details explaining about each hot spots location. It is a pretty hectic task for me as I need to make sure that the illustration make sense and the information is sufficient. In addition, the flash part is indeed a little confusing. I only manage to complete the main page of my shopping section with the illustrated Singapore map in it plus a set of shopping locations located at Orchard Road location map before the alpha test. I'm glad that I manage to finish the other parts of it this week.

I am also working on my electronic brochures and I manage to complete few sets of the electronic brochures. I must say this feature is one of the most tedious one. It is simply because I am doing a total of more than 10 e-brochures with different designs as well as coming up with different themes for each and a total of at least 8-10 pages in each brochures for different places and categories. I guess organizing the content is one of the major challenge in the entire e-brochures development. Besides coming up with the content, I have to wait for approval after proof-reading sessions by the clients.

I have improved quite a lot in graphic designing I must say. Thankfully I do enjoy working on it, or else it can really be a "killer". Making sure that it is up to the client's standard is pretty pressurizing too. Thanked God most of it are up to what is expected so far. I am pretty progressive I believe. I am almost done with the e-brochures since I am only left with the "Nightlife" section e-brochures.

I guess everyone must have been really busy enhancing and completing their project these two weeks. The submission is suppose to be on week 16, Friday to be exact, but it has somehow been extended again to the Monday on week 17. I'm sure by then we'll be done. Good luck again to all.

0 comments: